On 28 September 1962, The Beatles performed for the third (and last) time aboard the Royal Iris.
The boat left Liverpool Pier Head at
In total the Beatles played a River Boat Shuffle 3 times on the Royal Iris. Appearing with them on this occassion were Lee Castle & The Barons, and Freddy (the Teddy) Fowell, who became better known as Freddie Starr. I guess he must have found some inspiration in Ringo's surname.
Price for a ticket was five shillings.
At a Liverpool Beatles auction an unused ticket was estimated to fetch £1,200
Copyright info for the poster from beatlesauction
- It's a low resolution copy of an advertising poster.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the poster in any way.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the poster.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a performance that has not been well documented.
- There is a link to the owner's website where the poster can be bought: www.beatlesauction.co.uk