Monday 2 July 2012

Love by The Beatles: a review



I recently bought "Love", the 2006 compilation album that George and Giles Martin made for the Cirque de Soleil show "Love". The album consists of over 130 songs, outtakes and alternative versions by The Beatles, mixed up as a so-called "mashup".

Although I was very sceptical when I first heard about the concept, I am amazed at how well the remixes worked. It is a giant puzzle, and although it sounds really good even for people who don't know The Beatles, it is awesome for the real fan.

I have a nice bootleg collection with outtakes from the Abbey Road sessions and it is great to hear some of those tracks being used to recreate a totally different experience.

My favourite track is "Get Back", where the intro of "A Hard Day's Night" and the drum solo of "The End" is combined with the percussion of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and the orchestra ouverture of "A Day in the Life". And I can tell you: it rocks!

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported2.5 Generic2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license: Author := Brocken Inaglory

No comments:

Post a Comment